October 24, 2010
Reviewed by Darke
Product name: The Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt
Manufacturer’s website: http://ftm.underworks.com/
Cup size at time of use: 34 A
- It’s very comfortable and warm, although I have to pull it over my head because pulling it up shifts the inner material too much and causes the cotton outside and inner panels to become misaligned and then it becomes a mess. It’s very stretchy material and not too bad to work out in at home.
- I got an extra-small size because it’s the recommended size for me, and when I put it on I still had a bump. When I went out to play soccer with some friends with this on, I had to wear another compression shirt underneath to get the flatness I wanted. Without the extra compression shirt, I had two very visible breasts still, so it didn’t really do much of anything for me except prevent them from bouncing around (which makes it essentially a longer, more expensive sports bra).
- I got the black colour, so it looks like a muscle shirt, and it looks very natural by itself, but doesn’t compress very well, and it’s quite long to wear untucked. The collar is also quite high, so when I wore it underneath another shirt, it poked through which brought up a lot of questions as to why I was wearing a black undershirt.
Overall : 2.5/5
- It’s comfortable for home use, but aside from exercising in it, or wearing it amongst understanding friends, it wasn’t very helpful to me. I got the smallest size and it barely did any compressing.
October 22, 2009
Reviewed by chiaroscuro13
Product name: Underworks Cotton Concealer Muscle Shirt
Cup size at time of use: 33A
- This make and model is very soft and comfortable to wear. The shirt itself is like a shirt within a shirt. It has two layers to it: the first layer is nylon spandex covered by a layer of cotton. The hem is extremely long and can be pulled down to comfortably reach past the thighs. Because of the single layer of binding and length of the hem there is no bunch or ride up. This shirt tends to trap heat I think because of the cotton layer so I end up sweating more in this shirt than in others. This shirt really does stretch and recoil with my body making it the least intrusive binder. Unlike some other binders who are made with an athletic or tapered look in mind, this muscle shirt does not impose any shape to squeeze into nor does it have any pressure points. The best way to put on this shirt is to pull it overhead, it is impossible to pull up from the floor which makes putting it on a little harder. Make sure your skin is completely dry when pulling this binder on and it will go easier.
- I decided to go with a size smaller for this particular binder because the shirt utilizes only one layer of nylon spandex to bind. I found that this binder was not any more effective with a smaller size of achieving a flatter chest than my previous binder. It did in fact conform more to the contours of my chest and accentuate my breasts too much. I’d recommend wearing two layers of tees to counter out the accentuation factor.
- Due to the cut style of the muscle shirt sometimes the top of the collar would be visible. The collar sits higher on the neck than the cut of a regular tee so it is often peeking out; in order to pull down the collar I had to pull out from the sleeves instead of down the front. There really isn’t any discreetness problems when this shirt is worn under clothing but I would not trust it enough to wear it on the outside because of the accentuation factor even though it is made for both under and outside wear.
- Other information:
Time of purchase: 2/29/08
I received this product three days after purchase.
Reviewed By sinspyre
Product name: Underworks’ Cotton Concealer Compression Muscle Shirt or Tank
Cup size at time of use: A
- It rides up a lot. It’s actually kind of hard to keep it to stay down. Also it only has one compression layer, so it doesn’t really bind as well as model 997.
- I can pass easily in it, but if I lean back or lie on my back my breasts make a little bulge. It binds about as well as a compression bra does.
- It looks just like a normal tank. Great for sleeping in.